Showing posts with label LATEST UPDATE. Show all posts
Showing posts with label LATEST UPDATE. Show all posts

NNPC Distributes 1,194 Trucks Of Petrol Nationwide

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation said 1,194 trucks of petrol were loaded nationwide on Tuesday.

This is contained in the corporation’s Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) daily supply nationwide schedule released in Abuja.

According to the statement, twenty one import vessels laden with a total volume of 844.1 million litres have been confirmed to arrive in the month of April for NNPC.

It added that the NNPC and marketers vessels were currently discharging at various depots and jetties nationwide.

It noted that NNPC import and shuttle vessels had been programmed to do Ship-to-Ship (STS) Operation for onward discharge to Inland Depots.

A breakdown of the supply indicated the following:

Lagos got 467 trucks (15,411,000 litres);

Abuja, 141 trucks (4,653,000 litres)

Kano 23 trucks of 759,000 litres.

PortHarcourt, 29 trucks (957,000 litres);

Kaduna, 36 trucks (1,188,000 litres)

Ebonyi received four trucks of 132,000 litres.

Ondo received 15 trucks (495,000 litres);

Sokoto, eight trucks (246,000 litres)

Borno seven trucks of 231,000 litres.

Cross River got 16 trucks (528,000)

Plateau nine trucks of 297,000 litres.

Economic Crisis: Five Banks’ Profit Drop By N54bn check if your bank not among.

Bad loans, naira volatility and other economic headwinds have made Ecobank International Incorporated, Union Bank Plc, First City Monument Bank Limited, Wema Bank Plc and Fidelity Bank Plc to post a combined 80 per cent decline in their annual profits.

The annual financial statements of the banks posted on the website of the Nigerian Stock Exchange have revealed.

The 2015 financial results of the five banks released in March this year showed that the profit before tax tumbled by 69 per cent to N77.65bn from N131.19bn in 2014.

Similarly, the combined profit after tax of the five banks fell from N107.279bn in 2014 to N59.73bn in 2015, indicating a decline of 79.59 per cent.

The N53.54bn fall in profit was attributed by many of the banks’ chief executive officers to high impairment charges on bad loans, foreign exchange volatility and other challenges facing the economy following the significant drop in the nation’s oil revenue due to the sharp fall in oil prices.

The economic crisis facing the country has affected the banking industry significantly. Out of the 15 banks quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, 10 have released their 2015 annual financial statements as of the March 31, 2016 regulatory deadline set by the Central Bank of Nigeria for the submission of the statements.

Of the 10 banks that released their results, five posted sharp decline in profits, a major departure from the consistent rise in profits posted by almost all the banks in the country after the 2010 banking crisis.

The reports on the NSE website showed that Ecobank posted a PBT of N40bn in the 2015 financial year; Union Bank, N18.1bn; FCMB, N2.5bn; Fidelity Bank, N14bn; and Wema Bank, N3.046bn.

However, the five other banks that released their 2015 annual reports in March this year outperformed the market, posting increases in both their profit before tax and profit after tax.

This is despite the huge provisions for bad loans that most of them made in the 2015 financial year.

These are Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Access Bank Plc, Sterling Bank Plc, and Zenith Bank Plc.

32 Years old Man Wants Court To Dissolve His 3-year- old Marriage Over Wife’s Abusive Nature

A 32-year-old man, Babatunde Tijani , on Thursday asked an Agege Customary Court to dissolve his three-year-old marriage because of the abusive nature of his wife, Adetola.
Tijani, who resides at No. 160, Iyana ipaja, Abeokuta Express road, told the court that his wife was in the habit of fighting him and using foul language on him.
“My wife is too troublesome, whenever we have a misunderstanding, she threatens to kill me.”
“It got to the stage where she used a knife and broken bottle to injure me and accused me of having extra-marital affairs.
“Adetola is fond of embarrassing me at my place of work and she does not have any regard for my parents.”
“My lord, I want to end this marriage because I cannot cope with my wife’s disrespect and irresponsible lifestyle anymore,” he said.
The respondent, 26, who is a fashion designer and a mother of a 10-month-old child, denied the allegations.
She told the court that she was in support of the dissolution of the marriage because she was fed up with her husband’s attitude.
“My husband is irresponsible and keeps late nights; he is always hanging out with friends and comes home drunk.”
“He does not love and care for me and our child anymore,” she said.
The court’s president, Mr Philip Williams, adjourned the case to April 28 for judgment.

Oyo Worst Hit by Malnourished Children in S’ West

The excruciating poverty ravaging the people has resulted in Oyo state being the worst hit by malnourishment of the children under the age of five among other states in the South-West geopolitical zone of Nigeria, according to the National Demographic Health Survey (NDHS).
This was part of the communique released after a one-day mentorship training for media champions in child and family health organized by Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC) in collaboration with Partnership for Advocacy in Child and Family Health (PACFaH) held at the Chesterfield Hotel, Lagos yestaday.
The session was aimed at bringing reputable media champions advocating for, and demanding accountability in child and family health in Oyo state under one roof for training on prioritizing and amplifying child and family health issues.
These include nutrition, routine immunisation, family planning and management of childhood killer diseases.

RECRUITMENT-POLICE RECEIVED OVER 550,000 APPLICATIONS-POLICE SERVICE COMMISSION.

The Police Service Commission (PSC) said over 550, 000 applicants have indicated interest to be recruited into the Nigerian Police Force.

This was disclosed by the Chairman of the PSC, Mr. Mike Okiro in a meeting with the Senate Committee on Police.

However, Mr Okiro, explained that only ten thousand spaces are available.

Also speaking at the meeting, the Inspector General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase said only credible applicants would be recruited into the police force.